Polaris Alpha (“Polaris”), a Parsons company, provides advanced technical capabilities, specialized domain expertise and mission critical solutions to Department of Defense and Intelligence Community customers. The company has approximately 1,500 employees with major offices in Colorado Springs, CO, Fredericksburg, VA, Annapolis Junction, MD, Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD, and Alexandria, VA and works on-site with our customers both domestically and internationally.
Our Space Operations Business Unit is passionate about making America the undisputed leader in space because we understand that ensuring our nation’s security for future generations depends on it. Polaris creates game changing space solutions by teaming highly respected subject matter experts with brilliant technologists. Are you a mission-focused software engineer looking for an opportunity to grow your skillset? Do you want to be part of a team that is helping the government solve major national security challenges in the space domain? We need your help. You will have the opportunity to participate in the design and development of a real-world, cutting edge Space Situational Awareness applications that are changing how the Space community is doing business. The primary focus will be the implementation of interactive web applications focused on data analysis and visualization.
• This position requires the selected candidate to hold an active Department of Defense TS/SCI level security clearance which requires US citizenship while working in support of a government contract.
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science or technical discipline with 0-2 years of industry experience. Eight (8) years of additional experience, applicable training and/or certifications may be substituted for the Bachelor’s Degree.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to work in a collaborative/distributed team environment
• Experience with standards-based web design using HTML5 and CSS3
• Web service data formats (JSON, JSON-P, XML)
• Strong organizational and prioritization skills
• Working understanding of the W3C Web Component standards
• Experience developing Web Applications from the ground up
• Experience with Git, Jenkins, and Maven
• Working knowledge of the US intelligence community and DOD systems
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
Normal office setting, therefore the noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Work is generally sedentary in nature, but may require standing and walking. Use of hands to operate computer equipment. Frequent near vision use for reading and computer use.
Polaris Alpha is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed