- 6+ years of relevant Infrastructure/IT experience related to system installation and configuration
- Background in Systems Operations environment supporting complex environment deployment and management activities
- Experience with automation tools such as Chef (preferred), Puppet, Ansible, SaltStack, Fabric or similar products for O/S builds, software installation and configuration
- Hands-on experience with virtualization tools and cloud computing, either private (VMware, OpenStack) or public (AWS)Systems integration experience - Ability to troubleshoot complex configuration problems or system issues - Experience with Windows or Linux System Administration
- Strong scripting skills (i.e. PowerShell, Python, Ruby, bash, etc.)
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively both written and oral Desired Skills: - Experience with orchestration tools
– Rundeck, VMware Orchestrator - Understanding of Infrastructure as Code and demonstrated implementation
- Understanding of DevOps concepts
- Experience with VMware– vCenter, ESXi, vSphere
- Understanding of Change Management processes
- Version Control of software and code - GIT, CVS
- The ability to effectively plan their own work up and the work of others on the team
Required Education: Bachelor Degree in Information Systems, Information Technology, Management Information Systems, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Computer Information Systems, Computer Systems Engineering and 4 years of related work experience or equivalent combination of education and experience (technical Bachelor Degree = additional 8 years of related work experience)
Position requires a a TS/SCI security clearance
Joining Our Organization Is An Opportunity To Bring Your Creative Ingenuity To Work With You
Our organization is a bevy full of innovative and creative people. Fresh and new ways of doing the job are encouraged and nurtured. We will listen to your new ideas on how we can meet the challenge of being successful. Your innovative approaches will not be put into a “suggestion box” that is never reviewed. You will find that we welcome your take on how we can improve and change.
Parsons has been a leader, innovator, and change agent for 75 years. Over this period, our industry has undergone continual change and we have been, and continue to be, proactive in taking advantage of the opportunities presented by change. The pace of adaptation of transformational technologies such as artificial intelligence, cloud computing, robotics, and big data analytics in our markets offers Parsons exciting opportunities to solve complex challenges for our customers in new and different ways.
Ready to become one of our influencers?