Polaris Alpha develops innovative solutions to the most significant challenges affecting our Nation's ability to collect, utilize, and defend digital information. We’re passionate about developing cutting-edge, creative solutions, and fostering a highly sought-out place of employment for many of the brightest minds in the industry. We are the best because we hire the best. At Polaris Alpha, we have developed a culture of going above and beyond the normal expectations in the delivery of our work. Our clients and employees are the number one reason why we’re successful, and that formula won’t be changing!
You will be responsible for the development of our flagship platform as part of an agile team leveraging the principles of the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe). Uses expertise to design develop, code, test, and debug software and microservices. Reviews and evaluates systems and software for adherence to government or commercial directives, standards, guidelines, and criteria concerning software safety and systems safety.
Preferable location is our office in Colorado Springs, however, we are open to candidates that qualify but would work in a remote location.
• Bachelor’s Degree in a technical discipline and 8-12 years of experience in software engineering; applicable training and/or certifications may be substituted for the Bachelor’s Degree
• Experience in solving and architecting various software related solutions, generating and reviewing software designs for accuracy, completeness, and appropriateness in light of objectives.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills and desire and high level of self-motivation to deliver stellar operational solutions and willingness to work in a collaborative team environment.
• Strong Cloud architecture design experience (Cloud Certifications a plus)
• Experience with migrating services to hybrid or fully cloud-based solutions
• Experience with Java backend development
• Experience with Java Application Servers
• Experience with Java Frameworks (i.e., Spring)
• Experience with Designing and Developing RESTful Services
• Experience with Docker
• Experience with Microservice Development
• Experience with Jenkins or similar build systems
• Experience with Database Technologies
• Experience with Agile software development practices such as Scrum, XP, Kanban, Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe)
• Experience with Git repositories
• Experience with Maven
• Experience with JIRA or similar issue tracking systems
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
Normal office setting, therefore the noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Work is generally sedentary in nature, but may require standing and walking. Use of hands to operate computer equipment. Frequent near vision use for reading and computer use.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
***Polaris Alphais an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All employment candidates may be subject to background screening, and will be subject to a pre-employment, mandatory drug screen.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed