Work onsite with a government customer to analyze, design, and develop prototype optical solutions for military applications. Use optomechanical prototyping software to develop the design and work as part of a team to realize the design and develop prototype systems. Optical solutions may be required for various sensor types, including for the visible spectrum and for night vision or thermal sensors.
• Experience with Zemax software for design of optical and mechanical systems
• Familiarity with engineering techniques and requirements for system design, including measurement techniques, identification of appropriate materials, mathematics and statistics, and other applicable engineering techniques
• Knowledge and familiarity with state of the art in the fields of spectral analysis and radiometry, including both theory as well as existing technologies and techniques
• Good troubleshooting skills
• 5-10 years of experience with optical-mechanical design and development
• BS or higher in Physics, Engineering, or other field applicable to optics
• Experience with production and with first article testing, including verification of build within established tolerances, and analysis of performance
• Experience with measurement and analysis with respect to mechanical, electrical, and optics; such as use of multi-meters, oscilloscopes, spectral analysis and radiometry, and others
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed