Work as part of a team of hardware and software engineers to design and develop prototype systems supporting military requirements. Focusing on imaging and sensing technologies, identify appropriate solutions available on the market, develop solutions not yet available on the market, and integrate these solutions into a working system. Familiarity with software is a plus, including computer vision algorithms (Matlab, OpenCV), hardware communications (IP, RS-232, etc.), and system integration techniques. Support data collections, field tests, and other events.
• Experience with designing and documenting complex hardware and software systems based on customer-specified requirements
• Experience identifying and evaluating COTS parts and components for use in systems; able to formulate alternative solutions when COTS parts are not available, including custom-designed parts, modifying system designs to bridge capability gaps, etc.
• Familiarity with the current state of the art in various fields, including imaging sensors, thermal sensors, biometrics, surveillance, embedded systems, and more
• Experience working with and analyzing various types of production documents such as Bills of Material, Technical Drawing Packages, and other system design documents
• BS degree or higher in an applicable engineering or technical field
• 3-7 years of experience
• Familiarity with industry-standard system design and engineering practices
• Use of Microsoft Office tools
• Comfortable working with algorithms, including profiling, integration, and evaluation.
• Experience developing drawing packages for cabling or other system components
• Efficient at reaching out to and working with vendors to specify requirements, obtain quotes, and verifying proper functionality of delivered products
• Software skills in Matlab, Python, C++, or similar
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed