**US Citizenship Required**
We provide complete electronic product design and development services. Our engineering design capabilities span multiple engineering disciplines and employ a flexible, mission-centric product development process. We consistently succeed on the most challenging time-critical problems.
Working on a small team means you are never far from the action. We don’t have layers of management to battle. Instead, we pride ourselves on our culture of independence and responsibility where you have the freedom to make the decisions required for mission success.
Let’s get philosophical.
The growth and progress of any organization like ours depends on its employees – people with initiative, creativity, and enthusiasm providing exceptional service with integrity and professionalism. We maintain high standards of honesty, hard work and a consistent focus on our customer’s needs. In the workplace, we promote an atmosphere of open communication and collaboration among all of our employees in which they can learn and grow. Our employees work together for our common success to help us maintain our leadership position in a highly competitive industry. We lead where others only follow; we succeed by cultivating the best in our team.
So... we are seeking a talented and experienced Mechanical Engineer to support the design, prototyping, and production manufacturing of custom microelectronic devices in or around the Fort Meade, MD area.
The successful candidate will have experience in the following areas:
• Designing and drafting utilizing 3D computer-aid design (CAD) (i.e. Solidworks Electronic and/or microelectronic packaging design
• Manufacturing process development, tool design, and equipment set-up/operation to support prototype and/or high volume production builds
• Researching, qualifying and adapting new microelectronics packaging and assembly techniques
• Conducting and documenting engineering trade studies, analyses and tests.
• Collaborating with and training highly-skilled manufacturing technicians, assembly operators and engineers within a team setting
• Development, validation and optimization of thermal and structural finite element analysis (FEA) models (i.e. CFdesign) – preferred, not required
• Engineering statistics background – Statistical Process Control (SPC), Design of Experiments (DOE) – preferred, not required
• Failure analysis background – preferred, not required
• Troubleshooting and resolving equipment problems – preferred, not required
• Hands-on fabrication, assembly and test of 1st article engineering prototypes – preferred, not required
• Experience with machine shop equipment such as manual or CNC mills, manual lathes, drill presses, band saws, shears and experience with molding, casting, or vacuum casting
preferred, not required
• Familiarity with microelectronic assembly techniques – preferred, not required
• Surface Mount Technology (SMT) – solder paste dispense, component pick and place, reflow, underfill, inspection
• Hybrid – wafer processing (dice, backgrind, sort, inspect), die attach, wire bonding, flip chip, dam & fill, transfer molding, balling, lidding, laser/ink marking, inspection
We are looking for a self-motivated individual who can operate in a less structured, free thinking environment, but who can also contribute to and support overall team success.