Polaris Alpha Advanced Systems, a Parsons Company, is seeking a customer-oriented, mid-level electrical engineer with experience and technical capabilities to support the U.S. Army Night Vision and Electronics Sensors Directorate (NVESD) at Fort Belvoir, Virginia. Candidate should possess a minimum of a bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering with five to seven years of related experience. The candidate will provide technical expertise for current and future work for onsite customers and must be willing do hands-on work in a lab and/or field environment. Must be able to document work and analysis, prepare written reports of findings, and provide engineering analysis as necessary. Should also possess strong interpersonal and communication skills and be able to work both independently as well as with a diverse laboratory team. Must be able to clearly communicate results of analysis and assessments and recommend new approaches and technical solutions.
This position requires the selected candidate to hold an active Department of Defense secret level security clearance which requires US citizenship while working in support of a government contract.
• Experience with all principles of electrical engineering
• Ability to perform work requiring a thorough knowledge of electrical/electronic and mechanical theories and principles, writing specifications, local and national electrical codes, properties of various materials, and principles of operation and application of electronic equipment.
• Ability to perform electrical engineering design work in conjunction with other members of an engineering team (including mechanical and system engineers) to translate system performance and operational specifications into functional prototypes, and improving initial designs through test and verification.
• Ability to develop detailed technical diagrams for in-house electrical designs using CAD and other software packages typically associated with electrical engineering work
• Ability to review external technical drawings, schematics, and wiring diagrams in order to diagnose, troubleshoot, repair and improve electrical systems.
• Possess a working knowledge in performing analysis of systems’ operation.
• Possession of excellent oral and written communication skills, independent judgment, and strong analytical skills
• Ability to work independently and as part of a broader engineering team
• Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering required
• Minimum of five years of proven experience in mechanical engineering with application of desired skill sets
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed