Polaris Alpha is seeking a Technical Writer to support development of training material and system technical manuals for emerging new Army systems at one of the Army’s premier R&D Centers of Excellence at Aberdeen Proving Ground (APG), Maryland.
Researches, writes, edits, and proofreads acquisition documents, technical specifications, and Army PM system and acquisitions documentation. Collaborates with engineers, PM staff and acquisition experts to develop system documentation, PWS, technical specifications, reports, program related briefings, presentations, test plans, acquisition. Tasks include research, verify, write, edit, rewrite and proof-read program specific documentation IAW military standards. Write and edit C4ISR systems operator and maintenance technical manuals (TMs). Analyze user needs and translate them into succinct requirements.
• Bachelor's degree in English, Communications, Journalism, or related area
• 5+ years technical writing experience
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills are essential
• Experience writing and supporting the documentation of C4ISR systems, including writing user manuals, software guides, and hardware/operator TMs
• Experience with researching and gathering relevant technical data from subject matter experts such as engineers, developers and programmers as well as from internal documents
• Must have expertise using the following applications Adobe Acrobat Professional, various Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint, & SharePoint
• Knowledge and understanding of the DoD 5000 acquisition process
• Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment
• Experience writing, editing, reviewing and preparing acquisition documentation, presentations, reports, and technical documents
• Familiarity with DoD and Army writing standards
• This position requires the selected candidate to hold an active Department of Defense Secret level security clearance, which requires US citizenship while working in support of a government contract.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed