In an increasingly complex technical and operational global security environment, Polaris Alpha provides advanced technical capabilities, specialized domain expertise, and mission critical solutions to the Department of Defense and Intelligence Community customers.
We are seeking a Software Architect to participate in on-going radar research and development (R&D) efforts at one of the Army’s R&D Centers of Excellence.
Our Software Engineer/Architect will collaborate with our team of radar engineers to develop an open architecture of future radar systems, influence the next generation of radar systems and signal / data processing technologies applied to radar systems. Our software architect is responsible for the architecture definition, elaboration, documentation, as well as making critical decisions affecting the open architecture design.
• Bachelor's degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, Electronics Engineering, or other Engineering or Technical discipline
• 7+ years of experience in architecting, designing, and developing modern software solutions across multiple technology platforms, incorporating an API first mentality.
• 10+ years of experience in software development with a variety of languages (Python, Java, C, C++, Ruby).
• 5+ years of software architecture and/or development in the mobile app ecosystem.
• 5+ years of software architecture and/or development using AWS services.
• Strong knowledge of object-oriented programming concepts and design patterns.
• Experience with coding interface messaging software components
• Expertise in Agile methods, software development lifecycle management, continuous integration, and build and release management.
• Exceptional critical thinking skills; ability to decompose complex problems, prioritize issues, and implement sensible solutions.
• Excellent communication skills and ability to speak and write clearly and accurately, particularly as it relates to technical concepts.
• Passionate about quality, performance, reliability, and scalability.
• Skilled at coaching and inspiring team members.
Proof of U.S. Citizenship is required for all applicants.
All candidates MUST have an ACTIVE Department of Defense Secret (TS/SCI preferred) level security clearance.
We’re passionate about developing cutting-edge, creative solutions, and fostering a highly sought-out place of employment for many of the brightest minds in the industry. We are the best because we hire the best. We are a one-of-a-kind mid-tier government contractor providing leading-edge capabilities to three emerging warfighter domains critical to the future of national security: space, cyber, and the electromagnetic spectrum. At Polaris Alpha, we have developed a culture of going above and beyond the normal expectations in the delivery of our work. Our clients and employees are the number one reason why we’re successful, and that formula won’t be changing!
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed