Polaris Alpha, a Parsons Company develops innovative solutions to the most significant challenges affecting our Nation's ability to collect, utilize, and defend digital information. We’re passionate about developing cutting-edge, creative solutions, and fostering a highly sought-out place of employment for many of the brightest minds in the industry. We are the best because we hire the best. At Polaris Alpha, we have developed a culture of going above and beyond the normal expectations in the delivery of our work. Our clients and employees are the number one reason why we’re successful, and that formula won’t be changing!
Polaris Alpha is conducting a search for a Systems Administrator to join our team. This position will have limited onsite technical supervision. This individual will work with the other IT teams to implement, manage, maintain, deploy, troubleshoot, and support internal Windows systems and resident Citrix environments. This position will require a solid understanding of, basic computer hardware functionality, basic switch configuration and management, Exchange, Active Directory, and basic Citrix configurations. You will also be responsible for escalating and managing support requests that are submitted through various ticketing systems.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Basic understanding of network principals (IP addressing, subnets, routing, switching). Basic ability to configure, monitor and manage networking equipment (network switches).
• Basic understanding of the operation of cryptographic equipment.
• Monitors use of resources, and responds to management requests for information.
• Aids users in accessing and using business systems.
• Establishes and maintains user accounts, assigning file permissions and establishing password and account policies.
• Review performance logs and monitors system performance.
• Troubleshoots and resolves basic level system hardware, software and communications problems and aids in performing configurations and adjustments to enhance system performance.
• Basic working knowledge of Active Directory, DNS and DHCP.
• Assists in maintaining system security and data integrity.
• Working knowledge of antivirus, backups, and virtualization.