- Flexible work schedule and time off
- Generous leave - grows as you continue your tenure with 4D!
- Holiday shut down around the Christmas/New Year timeframe
- Retirement contributions of 15% of total comp per year
- Continuous education and conference allowance
- Who doesn’t love company swag? We have plenty of it!
- Plus all the basics that are important too (like comprehensive healthcare, life insurance, short and long term disability)
US Citizens ONLY due to Federal Gov’t Requirement
Fourth Dimension Engineering in Columbia, Maryland is seeking talented and experienced Embedded Firmware Engineers. Successful candidates will join a small team developing real-time and embedded software systems.
You will have experience with software development in C and assembly language in Unix, Linux, Windows or VxWorks operating systems. You will have experience with bit-level analysis and have a working knowledge of common protocols such as TCP/IP, SNMP, SDH/SONET, ATM, Ethernet, X.25 and 802.11. Your experience also includes a strong background in operating system internals for Unix, Linux, Windows or VxWorks. You will be able to work both independently and within a team environment. We are looking for self-motivated individuals who can operate in a less structured, free thinking environment, but who can also contribute and support overall team success.
We are looking for a self-motivated individual who can operate in a less structured, free thinking environment, but who can also contribute to and support overall team success.
• BSEE, BSCE or BSCS or other relevantÂ technicalÂ degree.
• Minimum three years experience.
• Working knowledge of microprocessor architectures is required. Real time operating system development is desired.
• C or C++ and assembly language development experience is required.
• Familiarity or experience with a wide range of processors including 8051, x86, PowerPC or ARM processors.
• Familiarity with typical computer interfaces including USB, Firewire and Ethernet.
• Experience with packet based networking protocols including TCP and UDP.
• Must meet eligibility requirements for obtaining and maintaining a U.S. Government security clearance.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed