Polaris Alpha develops innovative solutions to the most significant challenges affecting our Nation's ability to collect, utilize, and defend digital information. We’re passionate about developing cutting-edge, creative solutions, and fostering a highly sought-out place of employment for many of the brightest minds in the industry. We are the best because we hire the best. At Polaris Alpha, we have developed a culture of going above and beyond the normal expectations in the delivery of our work. Our clients and employees are the number one reason why we’re successful, and that formula won’t be changing!
Polaris Alpha is seeking an experienced Information System Security Officer (ISSO) who will perform the security functions for multiple Department of Defense (DoD) programs. The ISSO will work under the direction of the Information System Security Managers (ISSMs) to ensure the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of multiple classified computer systems. This is a multi-tasking environment that demands technical proficiency, customer service, communication, and organizational skills.
Additional responsibilities include:
• Implement the information systems security program for assigned programs/systems in compliance with NISPOM/DAAPM, and ICD 503, requirements
• Apply cyber security standards including DISA STIGs, RMF security controls (SP 800-53, SP 800-171, CNSSI 1253), and Polaris Alpha Systems policies and procedures to computing systems
• Prepare and maintain security Assessment and Authorization (A&A) documentation (e.g., IA SOP, SSP, RAR) including participation in system categorization
• Perform Continuous Monitoring of security controls, to include audit log review, security patching, compliance scanning, configuration management, account management, vulnerability management, control status reporting
• Participate in security incident response as necessary, including spill remediation, intrusion and malicious code detection and investigation, reporting, and mitigations to prevent re-occurrence
• Support awareness and training objectives by leading group and individual training sessions, reviewing policies and materials, and suggesting program improvements.