Great Benefits Package!
SENIOR COMPUTER SCIENTIST – Embedded Linux
**US Citizens ONLY due to Federal Gov’t Requirement**
Eager to get busy making a difference?
Our legacy 4th Dimension team provides complete electronic product design and development services. The design capabilities we offer span multiple engineering disciplines and employ a flexible, mission-centric product development process. Furthermore, our small collaborative team ensures total participation in front-line action. Intrigued?
We are seeking a talented and experienced Computer Scientist, Engineer, or Software Developer to use his or her knowledge in the design, development, test, and documentation of embedded software code. You will be part of a team of engineers creating uniquely sophisticated signal processing applications.
The growth and progress of any organization like ours depends on its employees – people with initiative, creativity, and enthusiasm providing exceptional service with integrity and professionalism. By leading where others only follow, we consistently succeed on the most challenging, time-critical problems. Come see for yourself!
• A minimum of ten (10) years of experience as a software engineer or similar technical position.
• Bachelor’s degree in Math, Science, Engineering, Statistics, Engineering Management, or a related discipline from an accredited college or university is required. A Master’s degree in a relevant discipline can substitute for 2 years of experience.
• Experience in embedded software/firmware development in both user-space and kernel-mode
• Strong C/C++ programming
• Strong Linux experience
• Ability to access gov’t classified materials
Applicants selected for employment will be subject to a federal background investigation and may need to meet additional eligibility requirements for access to classified information or materials.
• Low-level development experience - e.g. interrupt handlers, device drivers, controlling peripherals, reading/writing Flash memory, etc.
• Experience porting the Linux kernel to other hardware platforms, like ARM-based platforms.
• Experience with OpenWRT/LEDE distribution
• Experience creating OpenWRT/LEDE and RPM packages for Fedora/Red Hat.
• Experience bootstrapping a cross-development environment.
• Understanding of GNU Make
• USB protocol and driver experience
• Experience with automake/autoconf suite
• Experience supporting patches for projects
• Python experience
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed