COMPUTER SCIENTIST – FIRMWARE
**Active Security Clearance Required**
The Fourth Dimension Engineering team of Polaris Alpha provides complete electronic product design and development services. Our engineering design capabilities span multiple engineering disciplines and employ a flexible, mission-centric product development process. We consistently succeed on the most challenging and time-critical problems.
We’re seeking a talented and experienced Computer Scientist to design, develop, test, and document software code. The Computer Scientist shall apply sound planning, analysis, and programming practices.
You should have experience in the following areas to be a successful candidate:
• Embedded C/C++ and Python programming
• Specialize in one of these areas:
- Special Engineering Dev High
- Special Engineering Dev Low
- Windows, Linux, Mac OS development
- Windows driver development
• Software driver development
• Software application development
• Digital signal processing applications
• Client/server applications
• Legacy and current processor technology
• Operating systems, architectures, and interfaces
• Assembly and high-level programming languages
• Software/code reverse engineering
• Embedded software development
• Software peer review participation
• Technical team leadership
We are looking for a self-motivated individual who can operate in a less structured, free thinking environment, but who can also contribute to and support overall team success.
Working at a small company means you are never far from the action. We don’t have layers of management to battle. Instead, we pride ourselves on our culture of independence and responsibility where you have the freedom to make the decisions required for mission success.
Let’s get philosophical.
The growth and progress of any organization like ours depends on its employees – people with initiative, creativity, and enthusiasm providing exceptional service with integrity and professionalism. We maintain high standards of honesty, hard work and a consistent focus on our customer’s needs. In the workplace, we promote an atmosphere of open communication and collaboration among all our employees in which they can learn and grow. Our employees work together for our common success to help us maintain our leadership position in a highly competitive industry. We lead where others only follow; we succeed by cultivating the best in our team.
• Eight (8) years of experience in software and firmware design, development and test to include writing clear, concise, functioning and fully commented code that follow applicable Government standards
• Master’s degree in Engineering, Physical Science, Computer Science, or Systems Engineering from an accredited college or university is required OR Ten (10) years of experience in software and firmware design, development and test to include writing clear, concise, functioning and fully commented code that follow applicable Government standards
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Physical Science, Computer Science, or Systems Engineering from an accredited college or university is required
Desired Skills and Experience
• Setting up test environments
• Hardware testing environments
• Distributed testing environments
• Test plan writing
• Test automation experience
• Developing production C code
• Developing production Python code
• Operating system internals knowledge
• 32-bit and 64-bit processor architectures
• Assembler development and debugging
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed