Polaris Alpha was formed in 2016 through the merger of EOIR Technologies, Intelligent Software Solutions (ISS), PROTEUS Technologies and Intelesys. The Company has approximately 1,200 employees with major offices in Colorado Springs, CO, Fredericksburg, VA, Annapolis Junction, MD, Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD, and Alexandria, VA as well as customer sites both domestically and internationally. We’re passionate about developing cutting-edge, creative solutions, and fostering a highly sought-out place of employment for many of the brightest minds in the industry. We are the best because we hire the best.
We are a one-of-a-kind mid-tier government contractor provides leading-edge capabilities to three emerging warfighter domains critical to the future of national security: space, cyber, and the electromagnetic spectrum. At Polaris Alpha, we have developed a culture of going above and beyond the normal expectations in the delivery of our work. Our clients and employees are the number one reason why we’re successful, and that formula won’t be changing!
We are looking for a candidate that will work as a lead member of a engineering team on complex software development projects. This position involves participating in design meetings, implementing and testing software solutions, and creating technical documents. The position are open to candidates with a minimum of 5 years of software development and Information assurance experience. Must be Information Assurance (IA) Trained and Certified per the Defense Federal Acquisition. Regulation Supplement; IAW DoD 8570.1-M, Change 2. Experience can substitute for the degree provided the person has BOTH the relevant experience AND is fully Information Assurance (IA) certified.
The primary function of this position is to provide programming skills in support of algorithm development for complex software applications and IAVA compliance of Army applications. Experience in software design, development, and troubleshooting skills are required. The candidate will also assist with design, testing and software security assessment. This position will involve participation in all phases of the software development life cycle (SDLC). The individual will be expected to:
• Have an strong understanding software development processes and testing. Familiarity with Army IAVA processes and deployment of applicable security software requirements. Understanding of Army Battle Command systems ( i.e. FBCB2) and server requirements for deployment of these systems.
Perform a full spectrum of development related tasks including requirement definition, design, code and unit testing and executable integration testing.
• Participate in requirements and design discussions and demonstrate software that has been developed.
• Participate in peer reviews of designs and code.
• Work closely with Mid-Level Developers, and Subject Matter Experts to gather and interpret user/system requirements into design specifications.
• Work within a team that develops software in an interactive process.