Polaris Alpha (“Polaris”) provides advanced technical capabilities, specialized domain expertise and mission critical solutions to Department of Defense and Intelligence Community customers. The Company has approximately 1,300 employees with major offices in Colorado Springs, CO, Fredericksburg, VA, Annapolis Junction, MD, Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD, and Alexandria, VA as well as customer sites both domestically and internationally.
Our Homeland Security Department is passionate about making America the undisputed leader in infrastructure and transportation security because we understand that ensuring our nation’s security for future generations depends on it. Polaris creates game changing solutions by teaming highly respected subject matter experts with brilliant technologists.
Tasks will focus on the development and enhancement of Java based enterprise applications that support transportation vetting and screening. You will have the opportunity to participate in the design and development of a real world, mission critical analysis and reporting system. You will be involved in the implementation and support of the core SOA infrastructure and other critical application functionality, as well as the integration of third party services into the system.
• Bachelor’s Degree in a technical discipline with at least 3 years of software development experience
• Java/JEE development skills
• Knowledge and understanding of software development life cycles
• Knowledge of Web Services
• Experience in object-oriented analysis and design techniques
• Experience using and designing Service Oriented Architectures
• Experience with Software Configuration Management (SCM) tools (e.g. Subversion, Maven, Git, etc.)
• Strong written and verbal communication skills and ability to work in a collaborative and distributed team environment
This position requires the selected candidate to obtain and hold an active Department of Defense security clearance which requires US citizenship while working in support of a government contract.
• Experience with Enterprise Service Bus technologies
• Experience in DEVOPS
• JEE Application Server development experience (e.g. Weblogic, JBoss)
• Experience working with relational databases and SQL (especially Oracle)
• Experience with Jasper Reports
• Current TS security clearance with DCID eligibility is highly desirable
Polaris Alpha and its Companies are Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, gender, color, age, sexual orientation, gender identification, national origin, religion, marital status, ancestry, disability, protected veteran status, or any other factor prohibited by applicable law .
In addition to a competitive salary, Polaris Alpha offers excellent benefits to full-time employees:
Medical, Dental, and Vision
Life and AD&D coverage at 3x annual salary
401k plan, 4% non-elective contributions for all eligible employees and participants are 100% vested in plan from date of enrollment
PTO and 10 Paid Holidays observed
Education Assistance Program
Relocation may be considered
Benefits are subject to change
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed