In an increasingly complex technical and operational global security environment, Polaris Alpha provides advanced technical capabilities, specialized domain expertise, and mission critical solutions to the Department of Defense and Intelligence Community customers.
We are seeking a Software Architect to participate in on-going radar research and development (R&D) efforts at one of the Army’s R&D Centers of Excellence.
Our Software Engineer/Architect will collaborate with our team of radar engineers to develop an open architecture of future radar systems, influence the next generation of radar systems and signal / data processing technologies applied to radar systems. Our software architect is responsible for the architecture definition, elaboration, documentation, as well as making critical decisions affecting the open architecture design.
• Bachelor's degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, Electronics Engineering, or other Engineering or Technical discipline
• 7+ years of experience in architecting, designing, and developing modern software solutions across multiple technology platforms, incorporating an API first mentality.
• 10+ years of experience in software development with a variety of languages (Python, Java, C, C++, Ruby).
• 5+ years of software architecture and/or development in the mobile app ecosystem.
• 5+ years of software architecture and/or development using AWS services.
• Strong knowledge of object-oriented programming concepts and design patterns.
• Experience with coding interface messaging software components
• Expertise in Agile methods, software development lifecycle management, continuous integration, and build and release management.
• Exceptional critical thinking skills; ability to decompose complex problems, prioritize issues, and implement sensible solutions.
• Excellent communication skills and ability to speak and write clearly and accurately, particularly as it relates to technical concepts.
• Passionate about quality, performance, reliability, and scalability.
• Skilled at coaching and inspiring team members.
Proof of U.S. Citizenship is required for all applicants.
All candidates MUST have an ACTIVE Department of Defense TS/SCI level security clearance.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
Normal office setting, therefore the noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Work is generally sedentary in nature, but may require standing and walking. Use of hands to operate computer equipment. Frequent near vision use for reading and computer use.
Polaris Alpha is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed