Polaris Alpha provides cutting edge solutions development based on the latest advances in open software design and integration. The company is best known for not only understanding our customer’s needs, but also consistently exceeding their expectations. Polaris Alpha develops sophisticated data visualization, event analysis, pattern detection, mission planning and mobile software using net centric and enterprise architectures. With Polaris Alpha, no job is too large or too small. In this position, the engineer will be responsible for understanding customer information challenges and creating unique solutions to address those challenges. This will be the third member of an engineering team at HQ PACAF with field FSRs collecting requirements and communicating them back to HQ. The work environment is fast-paced with rapidly changing priorities, which requires the engineer to be flexible and focused.
• Create, maintain, configure, and upgrade client data domains.
• Support the installation, integration, configuration, administration, and maintenance of data analysis and visualization products at the customer location, including server hardware and/or VMs, operating systems, DBMS, and analysis and
• Support client user communities to include training, help desk assistance, and assistance in the generation of analytical products.
• Develop custom applications configuring analysis and visualization products, libraries, and components.
• Document all on-site configurations/customizations and ensure checked into versioning repository.
• Serve as a corporate representative for demonstrating Polaris Alpha capabilities to the organization and visitors.
• Analyze client requirements, data sources, infrastructure, and gaps to develop comprehensive solutions using data analysis and visualization products.
• Serve as a user advocate throughout the development process by monitoring and representing client change requests and software bugs reports while providing client follow-up.
• Provide basic hands-on system administration support based on direction from the CONUS reach-back system administration team.
• On occasion, support business development activities to include providing contact opportunities and supporting proposals.