In an increasingly complex technical and operational global security environment, Polaris Alpha provides advanced technical capabilities, specialized domain expertise, and mission critical solutions to the Department of Defense and Intelligence Community customers.
We are focused on providing our customers expertise to leverage their existing software and create new capabilities. We are seeking a Test Engineer to review, define and document test results by analyzing, performing and integrating developmental tests for new and/or modified software and hardware products or product components.
As a Polaris Alpha Test Engineer, your responsibilities may include:
• Review software requirements and get clarifications on vague or incomplete items;
• Become familiar with the software under test and any other software applications that will be part of the system of systems integration;
• Review and update the master test plan to incorporate new/updates for items being tested;
• Create own test plan for items under test;
• Generate test cases based on the requirements and other documents;
• Coordinate tasks/activities across the different systems under test. This will include working closely with the architects and developers, as well as liaising with key project stakeholders as required.
• Define requirements traceability, system-of-systems integration and testing, test planning, development and execution of testing Army tactical systems;
• Analyze FBCB2 products for capabilities and interfaces;
• Work with requirements to trace them to their functional components,
• Run systems through development releases and updates of functionality to verify successful installation and bug fixes;
• Define and document test results by analyzing, performing, and interpreting developmental tests for new and/or modified software and hardware products or product components;
• Work with test case tracking and bug tracking tools to update and report on current state of test cases and trouble tickets.
• Configure and update LINUX systems at the operating system level including: information security/authorization profiles;
• Configure internal hardware devices;
• Test new operating system software and monitoring system configuration;
• Design, configure and test supporting hardware components, as well as server connectivity in the lab infrastructure to meet operational requirements.