Polaris Alpha develops innovative solutions to the most significant challenges affecting our Nation's ability to collect, utilize, and defend digital information. We’re passionate about developing cutting-edge, creative solutions, and fostering a highly sought-out place of employment for many of the brightest minds in the industry. We are the best because we hire the best. At Polaris Alpha, we have developed a culture of going above and beyond the normal expectations in the delivery of our work. Our clients and employees are the number one reason why we’re successful, and that formula won’t be changing!
Our receptionist is responsible for providing front office reception and administration duties at our Columbia office location. You will greet and direct visitors, answer a multi-line phone system as well as emails, handle company inquiries and provide general support to the team.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Welcome and greet all visitors, in person or on the telephone, in a friendly, courteous, and professional manner
• Handle incoming calls and/or emails; responsible for routing the information in a timely manner to the proper contact
• Monitor and manage email accounts
• Monitor and manage conference room calendars
• Maintain a high level of customer service
• General administrative and clerical support
• Maintain company Directories
• Retrieve, sort, and distribute Mail
• Maintain office equipment
• Ship packages and parcels
• Order, stock, and maintain office, shipping, and kitchen supplies
• Enter maintenance requests as needed
• Maintain office and common areas accordingly
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
Normal office setting, therefore the noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Work is generally sedentary in nature, but may require standing and walking. Use of hands to operate computer equipment. Frequent near vision use for reading and computer use.
Polaris Alpha is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.