Polaris Alpha provides cutting edge solutions development based on the latest advances in open software design and integration. The company is best known for not only understanding our customers' needs, but also consistently exceeding their expectations. Polaris Alpha develops sophisticated data visualization, event analysis, pattern detection, mission planning and mobile software using net centric and enterprise architectures. With Polaris Alpha, no job is too large or too small.
This position is for a Field Services Representative (FSR) 2 supporting CIDNE, WebTAS, INDURE, and Topic Builder software products use and integration into our customer's operational requirements.
The FSR must be knowledgeable of Intelligence and Operations procedures at the Battalion level or higher, Content Management, Data Strategy, and Explosive Hazards. The FSR trains the customer on the use of our Command and Control, and Intelligence applications to support directed reporting processes. These processes help automate data mining, visualization, and inferential reasoning for our customers.
Specific tasks include the development of training materials to educate and train the customer on uses and capabilities of CIDNE, WebTAS, and INDURE. The FSR shall instruct in a broad range of settings, from formal classroom environments to more informal over the shoulder situations. Additionally, the FSR will be responsible for Requirements collection, analysis, and documentation in support of system enhancements.
• Serve as a user advocate within the Polaris Alpha product enhancement process
• Collect, understand, review, analyze, and document customer requirements
• Identify and pursue data sources and infrastructure, for potential use of Polaris Alpha products and services
• Provide tactical and strategic training and support for all Polaris Alpha-installed products and services
• Identify gaps in customer’s data collection, storage, analysis and other data management practices which can be solved with Polaris Alpha’s family of products
• Analyze and provide recommendations for system architectures, business processes, third party applications and operator interfaces
• Responsible for oversight and management of testing of CRs and PRs in theater
• Serve as a customer facing corporate representative for communicating Polaris Alpha capabilities and service offerings to organizations and associated partners
• Create and manage project plans for the integration, configuration, and maintenance of Polaris Alpha products at customer sites
• Provide expertise in Polaris Alpha products, customer-specific business processes and infrastructure, software systems development, system integration, database administration, or network engineering
• Guide users in meeting organizational goals using supported systems
• Provide user training to support evolving commander’s critical information requirements (CCIRs)
• Provide classroom instruction and on the job training
• Develop training material to address customer’s specific needs
• Must be willing and able to deploy to austere environments worldwide for periods of 90-180 days