Polaris Alpha was formed in 2016 through the merger of EOIR Technologies, Intelesys, Intelligent Software Solutions (ISS), and PROTEUS Technologies. The Company has approximately 1,200 employees with major offices in Annapolis Junction, MD, Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD, Colorado Springs, CO, Alexandria, VA and Fredericksburg, VA, as well as supporting customer sites both domestically and internationally. We’re passionate about developing cutting-edge, creative solutions, and fostering a highly sought-out place of employment for many of the brightest minds in the industry. We are the best because we hire the best.
We are a one-of-a-kind mid-tier government contractor providing leading-edge capabilities to three emerging warfighter domains critical to the future of national security: space, cyber, and the electromagnetic spectrum. At Polaris Alpha, we have developed a culture of going above and beyond the normal expectations in the delivery of our work. Our clients and employees are the number one reason why we’re successful, and that formula won’t be changing!
We are seeking a Security Manager to execute and manage security programs, special access programs (SAP), radar research and development (R&D) laboratory activities, and remote project efforts at one of the Army’s premier R&D Centers of Excellence (CERDEC I2WD), located on Aberdeen Proving Ground (APG), Maryland.
This position supports a government-managed R&D laboratory working with a team of technical experts, to ensure the lab and ongoing projects meet security and SAP requirements. Duties include:
• Perform security manager responsibilities and duties set forth in DoDM 5205.07, AR 380-5, AR 380-49 and applicable Army and DoD security regulations
• Serve as the technical security authority for special access programs (SAP) including providing security, intelligence, counterintelligence and programmatic oversight to sensitive activities within the lab
• Prepare and maintain comprehensive security SOPs which implement security policies and guidance as described in all applicable regulations and policies; develop policies and guidance that pertains to management and execution of SAP and sensitive activities
• Manage the transfer, integration, acceptance and shipping for classified material, equipment, and computer resources to/from the Lab
• Support information assurance (IA) accreditation and provide security support for the IA and RMF processes
• Monitor activities within the Lab ensuring classified materials are handled and protected IAW DoD and Army regulations
• Ensure Lab personnel are knowledgeable and compliant with all applicable administrative and security requirements, while assigned to, participating in, or supporting organization activities
• Review and support security inquiries and surveillance; reports the results of security incidents/violations, as required to leadership and cognizant security authority (CSA)
• Writes, reviews, and implements Security Plan(s) and specific System Classification Guides (SCGs) to protect SAP and sensitive activities
• Advise and represent the organization on matters related to the classification, downgrading, de-classification, and safeguarding of national security information
• Provide organization Secure Internet Protocol Router (SIPR) security support to include Cyber Security Readiness Inspections (CCRI), establishing procedures for use of the facility, and provide training to personnel pertaining to the proper procedures and capabilities of the room
• Provide security support to the organization including vetting attendees, providing security advice and guidance, and establishing security procedures