- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Some experience in any of the following techniques: unstructured and structured text processing, natural language processing, topic modeling, discourse analysis, or computational linguistics.
- Integration of analysis into interactive html reports or dashboards via tools such as, but not limited to, Shiny or Plotly in R or Bokeh or Dash in Python.
- Some experience with geospatial packages in your scripting language.
- Programmatic data exchange between your scripting language and Microsoft SQL Server.
- Basic SQL in addition to your scripting language.
- Subject matter expert in atmospherics, sociocultural data, data cleaning, coding and manipulation, data exploration, visualization, qualitative and quantitative analytics
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
Normal office setting, therefore the noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Work is generally sedentary in nature, but may require standing and walking. Use of hands to operate computer equipment. Frequent near vision uses for reading and computer use.
Polaris Alpha is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.