Polaris Alpha develops innovative solutions to the most significant challenges affecting our Nation's ability to collect, utilize, and defend digital information. We’re passionate about developing cutting-edge, creative solutions, and fostering a highly sought-out place of employment for many of the brightest minds in the industry. We are the best because we hire the best. At Polaris Alpha, we have developed a culture of going above and beyond the normal expectations in the delivery of our work. Our clients and employees are the number one reason why we’re successful, and that formula won’t be changing!
This is an entry-level position that assists with various IT and/or facility related functions as needed. Employee will perform purchasing and inventory control work. Work requires considerable data entry and use of various computer-driven word processing, spreadsheet and file maintenance programs. Researches product availability, costs, and quotes for software and hardware. Maintains paperwork for requisitions, purchase orders, packing slips, and for goods ordered and received. Employee will also assist the help desk with responding to telephone calls, email and personnel requests for support. Upgrading or replacing of hardware and software systems and/or facility requests. Maintains, analyzes, troubleshoots, and repairs computer systems, hardware and computer peripherals. Provides support to end users on a variety of issues. Identifies, researches and may resolve technical and/or facility related problems. Update the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) and knowledge base for possible solutions. Operates under close to moderate supervision.
• Must be able to follow verbal and written directions
• Must have a desire to develop interpersonal and technical skills
• Must be able to follow directions and work within a team environment
• Must be able to work alone and independently without supervision
• Ability to lift up to 50 lbs, and team lift anything over 50lbs, move and inspect computers, printers and related equipment.
• Capable of sitting for prolonged periods of time at a computer screen.
• Ability to work with fingers on small components in tight spaces.
• Works in office conditions but will be required to visit other locations within the building
All employment candidates may be subject to background screening, and will be subject to a pre-employment, mandatory drug screen.