• Proficiency in the software development process including requirements analysis, software design, implementation, testing and integration using C, C++, Java, XML, Modern Web frameworks, Web services.
• Deep knowledge of networking including systems security principles, protocols, routers and switches, IP routing, including the related software development process and cyber defense countermeasures.
• Proficient in operation of a Linux (RHEL, CENTOS ) system including the ability to use standard command line tools and configure networking interfaces including creating/modifying iptables rules.
• Understanding of operational needs and challenges posed by cyber threat activity as well as the technological capabilities and limitations that the current and future systems provide.
• Ability to develop next generation of countermeasure capabilities to provide mitigations across numerous platforms
• A Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering or computer engineering may be substituted for two years of general experience.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
Normal office setting, therefore the noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Work is generally sedentary in nature, but may require standing and walking. Use of hands to operate computer equipment. Frequent near vision use for reading and computer use.
Polaris Alpha is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.