Polaris Alpha is a highly technical industry leader uniquely positioned to address customers’ most complex challenges across the full spectrum of air, land, sea, cyber and space domains.
ISS, A Polaris Alpha Company has emerged as a leader in the Space Situational Awareness (SSA) domain. From pure research to directly supporting space operations, our space programs are firmly focused on maintaining US space superiority through cutting-edge enterprise computing expertise and SSA domain knowledge; these allow ISS to architect robust solutions tailored to real-world operational requirements.
This position is focused on the development and administration of a wide variety of systems and environments. You will be responsible for deploying and configuring application releases and updates to both research and development environments at our customer location at Kirtland Air Force Base. You will also be responsible for maintaining hardware and software baselines, to include installing OS patches, drivers, and security updates to ensure cybersecurity compliance.
You will be responsible for:
- performing routine (daily, weekly, monthly) system checks to ensure all networks, workstations/servers and networking components are functioning properly.
- performing system maintenance to address hardware and software issues as well as general system administration including account creation and system documentation.
- monitoring system performance and utilization in order to make recommendations for future enhancements/improvements.
- installing new systems and deploy virtual machines, as necessary, utilizing the most current secure baseline.
- making configuration updates for new mission or development requirements.
In addition, you may provide assistance during test and integration events by resolving system problems, provide system backups, and system maintenance. You will have the opportunity to participate in real-world, cutting edge Space Situational Awareness systems which are changing how the Space community is doing business.
Candidate must take personal responsibility for the quality and timeliness of work, manage own time and priorities to efficiently and effectively achieve goals, identify opportunities for process or quality improvements, and build and maintain constructive working relationships characterized by a high level of acceptance, cooperation, and mutual respect. Candidate must also have strong troubleshooting and communication skills, along with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.